Friday, August 17, 2012

#4- Celebration

Well it's time, readers. The month of Ramadhan has ended and Eid is here. It's a month of festivity with open houses, Malay food and duit raya. It's also a month of forgiveness. So I'm gonna take this opportunity to say I hope you can forgive me if I ever harmed you in any way, intentionally or otherwise.

Here's the thing though, I've never actually been a festive person. Not just for Eid, but any holiday in general. I'm not really sure why. Maybe I was when I was younger, but I honestly can't remember the last time I felt excited for a holiday. It might be because you would mostly spend these things with your family, but I'm not much of a family kind of guy. Don't get me wrong, I love my family. I just don't like to spend so much time with them. Weird, I know.

Of course, I used to love these things.

Then, well, there's the food. If you're close to me you'd know that I generally don't like Malay cuisine. Yeah, yeah it's weird. I've established that. That's not to say that I completely reject it though. I do eat rendang and stuff if I have to, but I don't enjoy it.

I guess there is one thing I look forward to. It's spending time with friends, when they do open houses and things like that. More often than not, I get to see a lot of friends I don't usually get to see, and get to catch up with them.

Well, I'm just gonna make the most of my Eid this year. Have a blessed Eid everyone. Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Maaf Zahir dan Batin.

Song Of The Night:

No comments:

Post a Comment